Friday, December 30, 2011

More "Reflections"

“Reflecting God”

“Reflecting God” is a common Christian term.  I wonder what kind of a “reflection” we give to others. So many people I know cringe when they hear “Christian”.  They have had such bad experiences with “Christians” judging them.  I even have one good friend who has nightmares about being pursued by an over zealous “Christian”.  Is this really what “Reflecting God” is supposed to look like? The Bible says “judge not lest you be judged” (Matthew 7:1).  As I was meditating on what it means to “Reflect God” I thought of the greatest commandment….  Jesus said  “Love” ….  Love your God; Love your neighbor…..  (Matthew 22:36-40).  The Bible also says God is LOVE…   I have come to the conclusion that we are very safe to “Reflect” the Love of God. Can you imagine how beautiful that would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment